Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessities in case of emergencies. Paul Davis recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form